The African (Afro)- Irish Chamber of Commerce is an umbrella organisation and conduit for trade, community and investment into and out of Africa and Ireland. The AICC aims to bring under one concerted effort, a form and meeting point for businesses that have an interest in both Africa and Ireland in an attempt to facilitate development of business opportunities
The constitutional objectives of the AICC
- To bring under a common management agreement, all current business focused organisations to benefit from; knowledge sharing around common practices, sharing of information and economies of scale in their logistical management,
- To offer advice to members in the operation of their business as and when might be requested or appropriate,
- To provide a united voice when dealing with government bodies and private sector goups,
- To provide training opportunities for members in all aspects of business as appropriate with particular emphasis on operating business in Africa and Ireland
- To provide a central body for the administration, research, lobbying and support of sub-committee and associated bodies with specific interests in Africa and Ireland business,
- To provide a forum to promote business opportunities between members, and,
- To provide proactive facilitation of business introductions.
- Organisations and activities which make up the African (Afro)-Irish Chamber of Commerce.
- The AICC brings under one management structure activities offered by the African businessmen, Trade missions, Irish businessmen, Board member events, white papers, research and open letters to governments , training activities and various ad-hoc activities and events as set up by the Executive Committee and Secretariat.
Who runs the African (Afro)-Irish Chamber of Commerce
The AICC is run by the Executive Committee and Chairperson who are elected at the AGM by members of the AICC.
The administration of the AICC is carried out by the secretariat. The Executive Committee takes direction and leadership on content and strategy for delivery from the Board. The Board are corporate Members who decided to take a more significant stake in running of the AICC and who are set to benefit financially through (from) contacts and lessons learnt made through the AICC. The AICC is a member funded organisation.